[Mimedefang] memory leak? is it an IBM x-series?

Ron Peterson rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
Fri Feb 27 21:04:53 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Ron Peterson wrote:

> > Meanwhile, I've purchased a handful of Intel PRO/1000 MT adapters which
> > I'm going to try.  If I have the same problem with a completely different
> > adapter, that should rule that out.
>
> Lost the machine again, but getting closer to the cause, I think.
>
> I had reset confMAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN to 60.

I tried this, and I tried that, and finally got to the bottom of it.  A
kernel bug.  Posted some stuff to lkml, and it's being looked
into.  Probably something to do with connection tracking module in
netfilter.

Anyway, backup up to 2.4.20, and everything has been working great for
awhile now.  Just thought I'd close this out, in case anyone was losing
sleep or anything... :)