[Mimedefang] Performance parameters

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Fri Feb 27 15:11:35 EST 2004

WBrown at e1b.org wrote:

> mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 02/27/2004 01:25:55
> PM:
>
> > You cannot run a high-volume MIMEDefang server *without* a RAMdisk.
> > Consider it mandatory.
>
> How should the ramdisk be sized?  Besides /var/spool/MIMEDefang, what else
> should be on it?

Make RAM Disk as big as possible without impacting performance. You should
also consider maxing out the RAM in these boxes.

You may want to see this posting regarding caching other things:
	http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/019800.html

And this posting discusses some things you can do to help smooth out
performance (suggested values probably low for your environment):
	http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/019685.html
Also, since the time of this posting, we have implemented multiplexor
queuing (queue size = 2x max number of sendmail daemons) and that too
has helped handle large connection bursts.

Hope this helps!

Jon K.
--
Jon R. Kibler