[Mimedefang] Greylisting problem with the default confTO_COMMAND

Andrew J Caird Andrew.Caird at fccc.edu
Fri Feb 27 11:27:00 EST 2004

Quoting Paul Heinlein <heinlein at cse.ogi.edu>:

> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
>
> > Which RFC(s) do these timeouts violate?
>
> RFC 1123, section 5.3.2.
>
> -- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at cse.ogi.edu>

  I don't see any "MUST"s in there, just some "SHOULD"s.  I don't think it
violates it, since "there may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances
to ignore this item, but the full implications should be understood and the
case carefully weighed before choosing a different course."

  One just has to know what one is doing before messing with this stuff, which
is, in my opinion, a good rule to follow when it comes to email at all, and
especially sendmail.
--
Andrew