[Mimedefang] resend_message - sanity check for me please

Matthew Hall leareth at angui.sh
Wed Feb 25 17:39:44 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:

> > Once I call this message, the current message gets
> > resent to the listed address, and if that address is
> > local, MIMEDefang _never sees it again_, it gets
> > delivered locally, yes?
>
> Not if you're running Sendmail 8.12.  In that case, it's resubmitted
> for scanning by MIMEDefang.

OK, ways to bypass that? I'm collecting a 'spam' pile for analysis -
once I tag it as spam, I redirect to my spam storage mbox for a
looksie later. If I use resend_message, it's going to get double+
scanned? What's the best way to do this? Check for my relay in
filter_relay and look for localhost/127.0.0.1 and auto accept?

Also, is there a way to modify the message and then resend? resend_message
sends the unmodified original - if I want to make "notes" for myself later
as to why it was held/resent, I can't make any changes to it using
this function. Am I going about this the wrong way?

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile.      | Unix Sys. Admin.
faster than others.                          | leareth at angui.sh