[Mimedefang] OT:Sendmail qtool.pl question

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:57:06 EST 2004

Jon R. Kibler said:
> Just to double check -- and I say this because we have seen clients not
> have
> sendmail set up correctly -- are you sure you have q-runners for both the
> mailqueue and the clientmailqueue? In other words, you start:
> 	/usr/lib/sendmail -q
> 	/usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q
> or something similar.
stock debian system so I have thus in cron:
# Every so often, give sendmail a chance to run the MSP queues.
*/10 * * * *            smmsp   test -x /usr/share/sendmail/sendmail &&
/usr/share/sendmail/sendmail cron-msp
# Every so often, give sendmail a chance to run the MTA queues.
#*/10 * * * *           root    test -x /usr/share/sendmail/sendmail &&
/usr/share/sendmail/sendmail cron-mta

Yes I have queue runners also set per additional slow queues that I have.

Luke Computer Science System Administrator