[Mimedefang] How can I stop these annoying emails?

Paul Murphy pmurphy at ionixpharma.com
Wed Feb 25 09:55:31 EST 2004

Sorry, you're confusing me with the original poster - I just did a sanity check
on your post because I didn't recognise the MY_DSL rule which had been
triggered.

> > However, I would be interested to know why your system triggered on
> > MISSING_OUTLOOK_NAME and mine didn't.....
>       __HAS_OUTLOOK_IN_MAILER  X-Mailer =~ /Microsoft (CDO|Outlook)\b/
> > Seems that someone is finally using Office 2003....!
>
> Well, makes me wonder why someone would do such a thing :O)
> But, smiles off, is the header "Microsoft Office Outlook" a
> legal one ?
> If it is I'll add it up to the .cf !

Not sure whether it is legal or not - I haven't seen Office 2003 so far, and
since it is free text in a free text header, they could have put _anything_
there...  Can anyone confirm that the Outlook in Office 2003 does indeed use
this header?

My point was that my rules are unchanged, so they didn't pick up that it came
from Outlook.  Your system did, so either it works on some other header to spot
Outlook messages, or the rule has been updated to include this version of the
header.

Best Wishes,

Paul.
Paul Murphy
Head of Informatics
Ionix Pharmaceuticals Ltd
418 Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0PA

Tel. 01223 433741
Fax. 01223 433788

DISCLAIMER:
are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender or the Ionix IT Helpdesk on +44 (0) 1223 433741