Grelisting without MySQL (was Re: [Mimedefang] Replacing SpamAssassin with DSPAM)

Andrew S. Johnson andy at asjohnson.com
Tue Feb 24 17:02:42 EST 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 02:01 pm, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Andrew S. Johnson wrote:
>
> > The greylisting milter I found needs MySQL, which I don't have the
> > resources for on my current server (K6-300 w/128MB RAM).  This is
> > just to keep the spam out of my family's inboxes.  Do you know of a
> > lighter weight version that uses the Berkeley DB or something
> > similar?
>
> Search the list archives.  For example:
>
> http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/020117.html
> http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/020126.html
>
> These are "native" MIMEDefang implementations of greylisting using
> Berkeley DB.
>
> And I don't think MySQL is a resource hog, but for the kinds of queries
> done by greylisting, Berkeley DB is much, much faster.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

I'm trying this, but it requires relaydb, for which I can't find a Linux version,
and I can't seem to get the BSD version 1.7 to compile.  DOH!  I suppose
if I'm going to survive I'll have to break down and learn Perl and C, but as
long as someone is paying me to know SQL and HTML I'll keep getting by.

Andy Johnson