[Mimedefang] Using ClamAV with default run-as-user settings

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Feb 24 16:35:06 EST 2004

--On Tuesday, February 24, 2004 9:36 AM -0500 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> I've applied a modified version of your patch -- you should not
> require group-write permission for Clam to work; I changed all your
> 0660 to 0640 and the 0770 to 0750.

Thanks. Yes, I realized that once I'd gotten hip-deep in it, so thanks for
correcting and applying it. With that applied one just needs to add clamav
to the defang group, and enable the Feature in mimedefang-filter. I'm
running it now on my office server. I added a md_syslog to the success
paths in the clam scan routines in mimedefang.pl to verify it was getting
invoked.

Alas, I got a few suspicious 47k zip files today that I suspect are a new
virus. (The subject lines made it obvious that they were junk.) But I see I
got a clam update a couple hours ago so I'd guess that's to deal with
whatever this is.