Grelisting without MySQL (was Re: [Mimedefang] Replacing SpamAssassin with DSPAM)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 24 15:01:41 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Andrew S. Johnson wrote:

> The greylisting milter I found needs MySQL, which I don't have the
> resources for on my current server (K6-300 w/128MB RAM).  This is
> just to keep the spam out of my family's inboxes.  Do you know of a
> lighter weight version that uses the Berkeley DB or something
> similar?

Search the list archives.  For example:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/020117.html
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/020126.html

These are "native" MIMEDefang implementations of greylisting using
Berkeley DB.

And I don't think MySQL is a resource hog, but for the kinds of queries
done by greylisting, Berkeley DB is much, much faster.