[Mimedefang] Replacing SpamAssassin with DSPAM

Andrew S. Johnson andy at asjohnson.com
Tue Feb 24 14:52:02 EST 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 01:36 pm, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Andrew S. Johnson wrote:
>
> > The greylisting milter I found needs MySQL, which I don't have the
> > resources for on my current server (K6-300 w/128MB RAM).
>
> MySQL is not a resource hog. If you don't want to go through the
> hassle of installing it, that's cool -- but once MySQL is installed,
> it won't be a significant drain on your system resources.
>
> --Paul Heinlein <heinlein at cse.ogi.edu>

I already have an Oracle DBA hat at work (amongst lots of others),
so part of my resistance to learning MySQL is that my brain is full.
The next part is that while MySQL may be relatively light on resources,
MimeDefang and SA have already chewed up what I have.  I had
to upgrade my server from the trusty 486 to the K6 last year just to
support MD and SA.  Ya, I know that's not exactly bleeding edge
hardware, but the price was right (free).  I'm trying to work with what
I have.

Andy Johnson