[Mimedefang] Replacing SpamAssassin with DSPAM

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Feb 24 14:21:20 EST 2004

>  I've spent lots of time playing with SA and various BL's, but I'm
thinking it's at it's limits of effectiveness.

NOTHING is or will be better than SpamAssassin because it is, at its core, a
scoring system.  If someone invents a better method of checking spam, you
simply install it as one more test for SA and weight the heck out of it.

It's possible someone could develop a better scoring system based SPAM
checker but with the lead time SA has had and the stability and following it
has, it would be ludicrous to try and outseat a free, open-source piece of
software such as SA.

Regards,
KAM