[Mimedefang] Replacing SpamAssassin with DSPAM

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Tue Feb 24 13:54:11 EST 2004

-----Original Message-----
::snip::

> Basically, I'm trying to avoid drastic changes to my mail system, since
> it generally works OK.  So, the farther the changes get from sendmail,
> theoretically changes should inflict less damage.

Andy, have you considered (or do you currently use) greylisting, via
MIMEDefang?  That, more than any other single sendmail ruleset, access.db
block, or MIMEDefang rule that we use, has taken the biggest chunk out of
the spams we used to deal with.  Just a thought.

KEN CORMACK, RHCE
Sr. UNIX Systems Analyst,
    Open Systems Group
Sr. Software Analyst,
    TSG Midrange Systems Group
AFFILIATED COMPUTER SERVICES, INC.
    557 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron, OH  44310

"If that that is 'is' is that that is not 'not is', is that that is 'not is'
that that is not 'is'?  It is!" - Ken Cormack

"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate technical
reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken." - Unknown