[Mimedefang] Replacing SpamAssassin with DSPAM

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Feb 24 13:32:51 EST 2004

1.) No spam filtering solution will catch all spam.
Play with your SA rules or enable some blacklists.
2.) You should configure DSPAM as a plugin into SA.
3.) SA is better tested then DSPAM, imo.
Run dspam as procmail script and see how well it works, running after
mimedefang/sa then slowly move it into production usage after a few weeks
at minimum.
You can also run sa as a procmail script after mimedefang, that allows it
to generate individual bayes dbase/awl per user.
I use this method on one of my systems.
Are we talking about just your inbox, or a mail server with lots of users?

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering