[Mimedefang] Replacing SpamAssassin with DSPAM

Andrew S. Johnson andy at asjohnson.com
Tue Feb 24 12:53:22 EST 2004

No matter how much I keep training the SpamAssassin Bayesian
filter, it still leaks spam into my inbox.  As reported on /. DSPAM
is supposed to be a better algorithm.  I could just do a rip and
replace, but I'd like to keep the MimeDefang AV scanning that I
have with ClamAV.  Has anyone set this up before I get started
on my own, or should I just reconfigure sendmail to use ClamAV
and DSPAM just through milters?  My theory is that if I keep the
existing MimeDefang setup I could easily switch between SA and
DSPAM until I get comfortable with DSPAM.

TIA for ideas and suggestions,

Andy Johnson