[Mimedefang] OT - Cant figure out why this is being rejected

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Mon Feb 23 10:57:58 EST 2004

"Cormack, Ken" wrote:

> This is most likely off-topic, and for that I appologize.  I'm trying to
> figure out why my mail servers are rejecting mail addressed to domain
> literals such as "postmaster@[98.83.130.15]" with a "550 5.7.1 Relaying
> denied" error.  I dont see anything in my MIMEDefang config that would be
> doing this, and I'm stuck as to what might be causing it.  Anyone have any
> thoughts?  My sendmail is 8.12.11.  Thanks all, in advance.

Is [98.83.130.15] a local host? To check:
	/usr/lib/sendmail -bt
	$=w

If you don't see it there, that's your problem!

How to fix it? Could be complicated -- depending upon your system's network
configuration. If you still have questions, contact me off-list and include
the results of your $=w and an ifconfig -a on that box.

Jon
--
Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer