[Mimedefang] Sharing data between slaves

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 05:42:08 EST 2004

Hi All,

I'm using perl-xs to wrap a C library in my filter
script. Much like a database connection, a handle (in
the form of a pointer to a struct) is initialised at
the start of the slave's lifecycle and passed back to
C library for each mail and then freed when the slave
terminates.

The problem is that each instance of the library
handle takes up 30MB of memory. We have max slaves set
at around 30 (30 * 30MB = a lot of memory required).

So, is there an easy way to share this handle between
slaves (the library is thread-safe)?

My best candidate at present is to implement shared
memory on the C side of the perl-xs wrapper.

Thanks for any help on this,

Chris