[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.40-BETA-2 is available

No Six number6 at freesurf.fr
Sun Feb 22 16:57:20 EST 2004

Hi David,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 04:56:49PM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2.40-BETA-2 is at http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=1
>
> This beta includes a major new feature called "notification".  It's
> a protocol whereby the multiplexor can notify external programs of
> changes in state, and the external programs can take actions in response.
> The new mimedefang-notify(7) man page has all the details and an
> example.
>
> Changes since 2.39 below.
> Regards,
>
> David.

> 	* mimedefang.pl.in (entity_contains_virus_trend): Use the "-za"
> 	flag (suggested by "Number 6")

In my post I mentioned using "-za -a" instead of "-a". "-za" won't be
enough. Can you correct mimedefang.pl.in to use "-za -a" ?
(http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/019753.html)

In my second post, I mentioned some small $VirusName computation problem which is not
taken yet into account by BETA2
(http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/020246.html)

The code
 run_virus_scanner($Features{'Virus:TREND'} . "-za -a $path 2>&1", "Found");
should be replaced by
 run_virus_scanner($Features{'Virus:TREND'} . "-za -a $path 2>&1", "Found ");

since found will not only match "Found " but also found.zip or
found.foobar.
An extra space character is really needed to avoid $VirusName being set
to "unknown-Trend-virus" in such cases (and Netsky.b is one these)

Can you make sure 2.40 BETA3 ou FINAL take into account these 2 issues related
to the Trend vscan scanner ?

Regards,

No6

PS : can some Trend vscan Mimedefang users contact me for some
WORM_DUMARU.Y & WORM_DUMARU.Z issues ?