[Mimedefang] A Bit of Confusion - Solved but different problemwith CLAMD

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 22 09:26:18 EST 2004

Are all the required directories owned by defang rather than clamav
(/usr/local/share/clamav, the log directory and the directory the socket is
created in)?

> I have added the user "defang" to the group "clamav", but I
> get errors when
> sending/receiving mail saying "Could not connect to clamd daemon at
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock".
>
> This file does not exist either.

It won't if it doesn't start.  Did you however tell clamd to create that
socket?

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?