[Mimedefang] mimedefang+file::scan - zipped W32/Netsky at MM goes through

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Sun Feb 22 05:53:07 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a Mimedefang v. 2.39 setup using File::Scan virus scanner.
A few days ago I got a message containg "misc.zip" attachment
with a "misc.rtf.pif" W32/Netsky at MM virus. It went through the filter
pipeline unrecognized. Still, the standalone scanner "scan.pl" coming
with File::Scan detects the virus if run on "misc.zip" file.

Any idea why MD lets the message go? File::Scan module was just upgraded
to 0.84 from original 0.81 version but I guess such an upgrade does not
require any reconfiguration of MD? What *is* strange is that the
"Scan.pm" module in my Perl tree does not seem to be accessed during
the mail processing (ls -lu .../Scan.pm keeps showing the same timestamp)

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND