[Mimedefang] changing quarantine directory

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Thu Feb 19 21:31:46 EST 2004

Rolf said:

> Its a slight bother as the latest debian package, for any of their
> distros,
> is of version 2.38. To get 2.39 would be a compile, which I would rather
> not do at this stage for a number of reasons not worth mentioning here.

The debian package maintainer is working on upgrading to 2.39.
He is going slow because he is supported the embedded perl version.
It will be coming out soon.
I've been helping him kill of the really simple debian bugs filed
downstream against the 2.38 package. (Just pestering him, not writing any
code.)

The 2.39 package will suggest deb packages for File::Scan and clamscan.
Then you don't need to install a compiler to have File::Scan, you can just
install the deb file from unstable.

I have my quarantien directory and my spool directory set to two different
directories.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering