[Mimedefang] changing quarantine directory

Rolf rolf at ses.tas.gov.au
Thu Feb 19 18:38:25 EST 2004

><---SNIP--->
> > I wish to place /var/spool/mimedefang on a ramdisk as is
> > recommended, so
> > need to put the quarantined messages somewhere more permanent.
>
>You don't say what version of MD you're using, but I'm guessing an old one.
>Newer versions of MD have a separate quarantine directory
>(/var/spool/MD-Quarantine).  Try updating your software.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm using 2.38. I note that current is 2.39. Was the change to the
quarantine directory location made between those two versions?

Its a slight bother as the latest debian package, for any of their distros,
is of version 2.38. To get 2.39 would be a compile, which I would rather
not do at this stage for a number of reasons not worth mentioning here.

So for just this change, can I set $Features{'Path:QUARANTINEDIR'} =
'/var/spool/MIMEDefang'; to some other value in mimedefang-filter or not?

thanks again.

rolf.