[Mimedefang] Restart MIMEDefang after AV update?

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Thu Feb 19 18:14:02 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lucas Albers" <admin at cs.montana.edu>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Restart MIMEDefang after AV update?

> To be explicit, on a File::Scan update would you have to restart
> mimedefang?, or just reread the mimedefang filter?

You must restart the Perl interpreter.

If you are using embedded Perl, I suppose you would have to restart the
whole mimedefang system.

If you are not using the embedded interpreter functionality, just reloading
the filter will do the job.  Reloading actually kills off all the filter
processes and restarts them (and the Perl interpreter).

Chris Myers
Networks By Design