[Mimedefang] Calling Spamassassin on outgoing only

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Thu Feb 19 15:06:38 EST 2004

Paul Heinlein wrote:
> Ack. I got it exactly backwards. It should be
>
>   IF message originates on our subnets BUT NOT on a secondary mx
>   THEN DO NOT invoke spamassassin
>
> Or, better put
>
>   IF message originates off our network OR on a secondary mx
>   THEN invoke spamassassin

I do something a little different again on the hosting server here;  I
call SA on all messages destined for hosted domains- no matter *what*
the origin.  A nice tied hash works- and the way it's formatted allows
for expansion of what per-domain processing is done.

As a bonus, I can use makemap to (re)generate the .db files- although
the change doesn't seem to propagate until I restart (not reload, for
some reason) MD.  :/

-kgd
--
"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."