[Mimedefang] changing quarantine directory

Rolf rolf at ses.tas.gov.au
Wed Feb 18 19:24:24 EST 2004

Hello

Looking through the archives the way to set the quarantine directory is at
build time with a directive to the ./configure script.

However I have installed via packages and therefore have no need of
compiling it via ./configure.

In mimedefang.pl about line 100, where many variables are set, there is
$Features{'Path:QUARANTINEDIR'} = '/var/spool/MIMEDefang';

If I place this in mimdefang-filter with an adjusted path will it be
recognised and used? Or do I have to adjust it in mimdefang.pl? Or can I do
it elsewhere?

I wish to place /var/spool/mimedefang on a ramdisk as is recommended, so
need to put the quarantined messages somewhere more permanent.

thanks

rolf.