[Mimedefang] Too many open files

Charles Mount cmount at csc.com
Tue Feb 17 13:06:48 EST 2004

(sorry I hit send earlier before adding the subject)

I am running  SUN 420s with 4 processors and 4GB and SUN 4500s with 8
processors and 8GB, Solaris 8, sendmail or sendmail-swtich, and mimedefang
2.39 which calls spamassassin.
When I set MAX_SLAVES above 60 I get this message:

Feb 17 11:23:48 uusnwa0y mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 778059 mail.info]
Starting slave 59 (pid 21793) (60 running): About to perform scan
Feb 17 11:23:48 uusnwa0y mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 291197 mail.error]
Could not start slave 60: pipe failed: Too many open files
Feb 17 11:23:48 uusnwa0y mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 966169 mail.error]
Unable to activate slave 60
Feb 17 11:23:48 uusnwa0y mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 291197 mail.error]
Could not start slave 60: pipe failed: Too many open files

I get the same results on either the four or eight processor computers.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Charles Mount

for such purpose.