[Mimedefang] Bypass RBL check for single host/sender

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Tue Feb 17 09:15:13 EST 2004

Hello all,
	I'm trying to whitelist a sender of sorts.  There is user at our
location who gets newsletters from a company in the UK.  That company
relays through a server (presumably their ISP) that consistently gets
listed on SpamCop's RBL.  I use sendmail 8.12.11 and MIMEDefang 2.39.
Sendmail is configured to use blacklist_recipients, delay checks and the
'FRIEND' option.
	I have tried using 'OK' in the access DB, but I understand that
that only gets me by access type checks and not RBLS.  I use 'FRIEND' for
other purposes, but it won't work here because it seems to only allow me to
open the floodgates per recipient, not per sender.  I don't want to use
'RELAY' because obviously I don't want this spam laden server to relay
through me.  I thought of MD's 'ACCEPT AND NO MORE FILTERING', but that
seems to only affect MD.  I haven't been able to find anything that
approaches this in the "Bat Book".  It seems to only address spam 'FRIEND'
other aspects that are close, but not quite what I'm looking to do.
Reference a page number if I missed something :-)
	Should I approach this as trying to whitelist the MAIL TO: or the
server?  Can MD help me do what I want?  Maybe this is simply a case of
trying to bypass a RBL check?  If that is the case, should I just put
something into filter_relay that allows this host?  Will that override the
sendmail RBL check?

Many thanks,

Stefano

Stefano S. McGhee