[Mimedefang] Issues when ISP and our server run MIMEDefang/Spamassassin

Brent J. Nordquist b-nordquist at bethel.edu
Tue Feb 17 08:10:40 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Hugh Blandford <hugh at island.net.au> wrote:

> How would I strip out the attached spam report etc from just the ISPs
> one mail server, along with the subject line changes etc before
> processing the mail again if I was to try and return the mail to a
> default state?

Here's how we do it here (we don't alter the Subject: line though):

# If SpamAssassin found SPAM, append report.  We do it as a separate
# attachment of type text/plain
sub filter_end ($) {
[...]
    # Spam checks if SpamAssassin is installed
    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
[...]
        # Delete any existing X-Spam-* headers
        action_delete_all_headers("X-Spam-Score");
        # We don't set X-Spam-Level but outsiders sometimes do:
        action_delete_all_headers("X-Spam-Level");
        action_delete_all_headers("X-Spam-Warning");
        action_delete_all_headers("X-Spam-Checked");
[...]
        my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist at bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html