[Mimedefang] Question about skipping checks on trusted hosts

Jim Crippen jcrippen at eliteint.com
Mon Feb 16 16:58:41 EST 2004

This might be a simple resolution but I'm having difficulties today just
reading plain English.  I'm looking for a way to inform mimedefang to skip
checking of messages from trusted hosts.  I have used the whitelist_from
with spamassassin, but this still runs all the checks against the email.  I
started looking at filter_relay, as this is an internal host blasting as
much as 3000 messages a day, to customers and being relayed through the
mimedefang/spamassasin mail server.  About 70% of these messages are sent to
internal users.  What I am trying to do is skip the checks from spamassassin
on all messages sent from any internal systems so I created a filter and
would like to know if it will work.  Thanks.

sub filter_relay
{
	my($ip,$name,$helo) = @_;
	if ( index($ip,"192.168.12.") >= 0 ) {
		add_recipient("spam at localhost");  // Keeps copy of
non-checked mail
		return ('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING',"$ip whitelisted");
	}
	return('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING',"$ip whitelisted");
}

Jim Crippen
Sr LAN Administrator
Elite Transportation