[Mimedefang] filter check

Andrew Jayes andrew.jayes at visitheartofengland.com
Mon Feb 16 08:18:05 EST 2004

Hi All,
	If anyone has a few minutes can you have a look at my filter
(attached) as I'm not to sure if its setup correctly.

The first question is over the antivirus section at the start of the
filter, basically will it work? Do I need to add any further commands in
to use the antivirus capabilities?

Secondly is the subject filter in 'filter_begin' the code I have put in
seams to do nothing as I can still send mail through with the Paris
Hilton subject line.

The main aim of my mimedefang system/ filter is to be able to control:
 The subject lines allowed,
 The attachment ext allowed,
 Use two virus scanners,
 Quarantine all viruses and spam, indicated from above,
 Add headers to indicate if the mail was checked x-spam x-virus,
 Or indicate what was found x-virus, virus name. or spam score.
 Add disclaimers,
 And then pass the checked mail to an exchange server to be
distributed(Inbound only)

 I am not a perl coder and I am finding it very hard to adjust the code
I have.

Many thanks for looking.

andrew