[Mimedefang] Only one received header

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Mon Feb 16 06:54:51 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:40:27 +0100, Andrea Gabellini wrote:

>  Looking at the received headers show that the spammer send
>  directly to the server, so there is only one header.

That doesn't suprise me. I would also expect a few connections from worms/scanners that simply scan the net for open SMTP servers.

>  Is it possible to block this kind of mail directly with sendmail?

You should be able to tell sendmail only to accept connections from specific addresses. The sendmail docs should have this info hidden somewhere.

OTH, typically a server that's not supposed to get connections from the net in general should be behind a firewall, and if it's behind a firewall you should simply block traffic you don't whant before it ever reaches the server.

Regards
/Jonas
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/