[Mimedefang] Only one received header

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Mon Feb 16 05:19:55 EST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 08:40:27AM +0100, Andrea Gabellini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I changed the MX record of my domain one month ago with a new sendmail with
> MD, but a very large portion of spam continue to arrive directly to the old
> sendmail (that hold the mailboxes of the domain).

=> Seen that too. Seems that the spammers do not rely on DNS for sending
their crap (it makes sense : DNS MX lookups can take some time and delay massive
mailing) and have a kind of domain <--> mailserver database.

> Looking at the received headers show that the spammer send directly to the
> server, so there is only one header.

=> How about just use another IP for this server and make sure the old IP is no
longer used.

> Is it possible to block this kind of mail directly with sendmail? I can't
> install MD on this.

Regards,

SL/