[Mimedefang] Filtering for external e-mail addresses

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Feb 16 05:46:58 EST 2004

Am Mo, den 16.02.2004 schrieb Matthew Rossiter um 07:12:
> I'm using RedHat Linux 9.0, sendmail-8.12.11, Mail-SpamAssassin-2.63, and
> MimeDefang 2.39 along with the latest version of procmail.
>
> Everything is working perfectly.  Can anyone recommend a good way to
> filter out mail aliases as well?  In other words if my /etc/mail/aliases
> file has 'bob: bob at yahoo.com' in it.  Can the mail get sent through the
> filter first before getting redirected?
>
> I was thinking of maybe creating a user called aliasfilter and have all
> the aliased mail sent to it first and then create a .procmailrc file which
> sends it to the appropriate email address based on the TO: address.
>
> But maybe there's a much simpler and more effective method.  Right now,
> none of my aliases going to external email addresses are getting filtered.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Matt

Why do you think aliased mail will not get handled through
milter/mimedefang? I tested it using aliases, a .forward file and with a
virtusertable entry: all 3 are mimedefang treated.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
Sirendipity 11:41:42 up 1 day, 15:20, load average: 0.66, 0.42, 0.22
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]