[Mimedefang] ClamAV and related issues running under MD. was: Re:Mimedefangtimeout

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 06:02:35 EST 2004

Where this started from is that with AMAVIS all archives are extracted
before being passed to the scanners.  This means that:

1) You're only doing it once.  It can be significantly faster than having
multiple scanners doing it.
2) You're not reliant on the safety of the virus scanner extraction
routines.
3) You can handle archive types the scanners don't.
4) You're reliant on the safety of your own extraction routines.

>From David's email it's point (4) that means he's not going to include such
functionality within MIMEDefang.

--
Rob