[Mimedefang] greylisting implementation

Steven Rocha steven.rocha at wccnetworking.com
Fri Feb 13 12:08:29 EST 2004

All,

I have attached a modified version of our mimedefang-filter.

Modifications to filter:

1.  Added Greylisting
2.  Added stream by domain
3.  Added clamd virus scanning, dropping specific worm viruses
4.  Added filtering of specific filenames
5.  Added SALocalTestsOnly for SA rbl checks
6.  Added lc($Domain) to facilitate case differences in domain names.
7.  Added a subject change to prepend ***SPAM***
8.  Added an additional header to label spam X-SPAM-Listing

Notes:

I have disabled greylisting in the mimedefang filter.  Just change the
appropriate variable.  There are known issues with WHERE I am
greylisting.  Please research and possibly greylist in filter begin/end.
I will let you do some homework. =;)

If anyone has any comments or suggestions on how I could improve my
code, it would be welcome.  If anyone has problems with this code,
hmmm... well... it works for me and I am a Micros0ft/Novell geek.  I
guess my Comp Sci major helped with being able to read/change the code.

Hope this helps!!

Later,

Steve