[Mimedefang] mimedefang breaks HTML mass mail

Murat Isik muratisik at megatek.com.tr
Thu Feb 12 05:23:32 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a windows machine in my network which runs a mass mailer program for
sending out bulletins to subscribers. This programs hands the mass of mails
(about 50 of them) to a linux machine on the server running
sendmail-8.12.8-9.90 and mimedefang 2.39 and this sendmail delievers them to
the subscribers. However mimedefang breaks these HTML and what subscribers
receive is a HTML stripped, bad looking mail. I know its mimedefang since
when I stop it, mails go out right. Also this problem is specific to this
mass mailer program since no other HTML mail going through this server has
this problem. I guess it is thesession properties of this mass mailer that
causes this problem. This is how it does it:

EHLO xxxx
MAIL FROM: <foo at bar.com> RET=HDRS ENVID=22222-22222-22222-22222
RCPT TO: <test at test.com> NOTIFY=FAILURE
DATA
(MailHeaders+MailContent)

May these actions be the cause of the problem? Any ideas?

Have a nice day.

Murat Isik