[Mimedefang] Detecting S/MIME messages and changing processing

Paul Murphy pmurphy at ionixpharma.com
Wed Feb 11 10:04:06 EST 2004

> Extra header lines *shouldn't* be a problem - after all that
> happens when
> the mail goes through any mail server.  Certainly I've received a fair
> amount of PGP signed email, processed through MD and SA,
> without issue.
>
> I'd expect that you've got something that's modifying the body of the
> message.  Maybe one of the HTML cleaners?

I've modified the certificate trust level at both ends of the link, and all now
seems to be well - very odd.  What happened was that the message was originally
signed, rather than encrypted, and one of our mail filtering systems is
appending a disclaimer which then breaks the signature.

The question of blocking unencrypted mail to some domains remains unanswered -
has no-one ever tried this?

Best Wishes,

Paul.
Paul Murphy
Head of Informatics
Ionix Pharmaceuticals Ltd
418 Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0PA

Tel. 01223 433741
Fax. 01223 433788

DISCLAIMER:
are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender or the Ionix IT Helpdesk on +44 (0) 1223 433741