[Mimedefang] New way of obfuscating text

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Tue Feb 10 19:43:48 EST 2004

Lucas Albers wrote:
> Michael Sims said:
>> /font-size:\s*1\s*(?:p[xt])?\s*;/i
>>
>> I've had it in place 3 hours and it's caught 17 messages, all junk.
>> That's not a huge amount, but every little bit helps...
>
> What is the complete rule, so I dont' fat finger it.

I changed the rule name to match a local naming convention I have:

rawbody  SA_CUSTOM_TINY_FONT /font-size:\s*[01]\s*(?:p[xt])?\s*;/i
describe SA_CUSTOM_TINY_FONT HTML message contains unreadable font size
score    SA_CUSTOM_TINY_FONT 0.1

This went at the bottom of /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.  I plan
on increasing the score tomorrow once I'm sure it's not causing any false
positives...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722