[Mimedefang] Idea.. spell checking?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Feb 10 19:14:57 EST 2004

--On Tuesday, February 10, 2004 4:24 PM -0700 Mark
<lists at westerncanada.com> wrote:

> Here I am thinking out loud while running through my spam log, would a
> perl interface to a spell checker with some sort of weighting help kill
> more of this junk?
>
> i.e if there are 100 words in the body, and 75% are misspelled, add it to
> the score...

This comes up regularly on the SpamAssassin lists. Another approach I'm
seeing lately is to use Bayes but assign high spam probabilities to tokens
that haven't been seen before. So misspelled words have high spam
probabilities, and spam with lots of misspelled words gets a much higher
Bayes vote.