[Mimedefang] unwanted lines in syslog

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Fri Feb 6 09:38:59 EST 2004

Hi,

I have just succeeded in installing Mimedefang/Spamassassin/File::Scan
on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine which still handles most of our dept. mail.

Everything seems to work fine but I noticed one difference as compared
to a test install on a Fedora FC1 Linux machine:

The syslogged info on Solaris includes (IMHO quite unneccessary) lines like:

... Milter add: header: X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.39
... Milter change: header  MIME-Version: from 1.0 to 1.0
... Milter change: header  X-Spam-Status: from No to Yes
etc.

All config files (mimedefang-filter, local.cf, sa-mimedefang.cf)
are identical on both machines. Syslog.conf contains "mail.debug"
on Solaris and "mail.*" on Linux machine which AFAIK means the same
level of logging.

Any hints how to get rid of these lines would be appreciated.

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND