[Mimedefang] checking the body and the headers for strings?

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Thu Feb 5 17:06:07 EST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:06:27 +0200, Murat Isik wrote:

>  I am trying to setup mimedefang so that it scans the header and
>  body of messages and if it finds some specific strings either in
>  subject line or the body of the mail, it rejects the mail.

Is there any special reason (lesser load for example) to do this in MIMEDefang instead of using SpamAssassin and creating a custom body rule giving a very high score? With SpamAssassin you get the added benefit of rather good gerenral anti-spam filtering as well as your custom reject rule.

Regards
/Jonas
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/