[Mimedefang] no free slaves...

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 5 14:49:51 EST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Justin wrote:

> I have a question. On dedicated mail relays, what is the benefit to those
> kind of MX_MIN and MX_MAX values versus setting them equal (say 75 for
> this person) based on interpretation of `md-mx-ctrl histo` and your
> available RAM.

I don't know, really.  If the server is doing nothing else, I suppose
you might as well keep all the slaves running.  The only concern I
would have is if Perl has been leaking memory, the idle slaves might
unnecessarily consume memory.  They'd probably get swapped out, but
that would waste disk I/O.