[Mimedefang] Security note: Open port 25 on internal mail se rvers

Stephen Johnson Stephen.Johnson at mail.state.ar.us
Thu Feb 5 13:51:41 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 23:47, Justin wrote:
> relay (which the FBI later confiscated), and an AIX machine that was an
> open relay.  I knew where the first two groups were but didn't know where

Just FYI, all AIX servers are open relays out of the box. IBM
unbelievably uses FEATURE(`promiscious_relay`) in their default
sendmail.cf files. It's been this way since AIX 4.3, at least.

I always to have touch every AIX server we installed. And generally
after ever OS upgrade as well. !@#%$#$%#@@!!!

Stephen L Johnson                       stephen.johnson at mail.state.ar.us
Unix Systems Administrator              sjohnson at monsters.org
Department of Information Systems