[Mimedefang] making spamassassin less sensitive

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Feb 5 09:00:52 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 07:05, David F. Skoll wrote:

> > Using the leading '-' on the filenames in
> > /etc/syslog.conf to make the writes buffered helped a lot.
>
> This is a good idea, but I believe it's Linux-specific.

Possibly - but you might also want to reduce logging in
general if that might be the problem.  In my case the
overload was really coming from remote router and firewall
logging but unlike the remote udp logging which will
just drop data if the reader can't keep up, the connections
over local unix sockets will block the writer.  I mentioned
it because it wasn't at all obvious from the symptoms what
was really causing things to hang.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com