[Mimedefang] subjects forged with accented letters

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Thu Feb 5 04:48:15 EST 2004

Hello,

Many SPAMs now come with Subject lines forged using accented letters
and/or digits instead of letters (0/o etc.)

I wonder whether it is possible to (temporarily) rewrite Subject line
using some simple tr-like filter to change all "a'" into "a" etc. before
doing SpamAssassin checks?

Surely to make it more robust it would probably require analyzing
the charset of the message but most such messages come in iso-8859-1
so I would be glad to have even a simplest, non-very-robust solution.

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND