[Mimedefang] milter timing out.

Justin listuser at numbnuts.net
Thu Feb 5 00:23:25 EST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Edmund wrote:

> I'm having the same problem here.  A co-worker was trying to
> send a big file to another co-worker and the mail server kept
> on throwing a Error 451.   Unfortunately, I don't know how big
> the file is.
>
> I read on this thread that by resetting MD it should return to normal.
> I did that, and it seems to have worked.  But I'm certain that it'd do
> that again sooner or later.

The problem I used to have on my RH 7.3 box was fixed in the same way.  I
had a cronjob restart sendmail and MD every 5 minutes just to keep things
mostly working.  I never did find the cause of that problem.  My current
problem is with MD going completely brain dead after receiving a message.
I mean it accepts the message (and any new messages) for processing but it
will do nothing.  It simply waits for sendmail to time it out and sendmail
then returns a 451.  I'm going to inquire with the list about this under
separate cover tomorrow, after I test a few more things.  I've had to
disable MD in the mean time.  It's very odd.

Justin