[Mimedefang] over quota message

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Feb 4 17:11:01 EST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> With the code below, as far as I can tell the quota is only tested for the
> first recipient.

> Further, I believe this is a limitation caused by the milter implementation.

No, it's a limitation of SMTP.  Inside a RCPT command, you can't even
know for sure if a recipient is local, let alone what his/her quota
is, unless you obtain that information externally.

And you can't fail for some recipients and not others after DATA.

I suppose in theory, you could obtain the SIZE=xxx keyword from the MAIL
command, if one was supplied, and check the quota at each RCPT command.
But SIZE=xxx is optional, and anyway, that info isn't made available
to the Perl filter (though I bet I'll get requests for it. :-))