[Mimedefang] action_tempfail question -- greylist at filter_begin

Xiaoyan Ma xma at haas.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 4 16:33:18 EST 2004

Thanks again. Although I have not found a solution yet, I have learned more
about MD with everyone's help.

Jonas E. posted his fix below a few days ago:

****
I moved the greylist check to filter_begin, an idea I think David has
mentioned here some time ago. I can be nice to those running mailers with
the above problem, but if someone's running a mailer that can't handle a
tempfail after DATA they really, really have to do something about it.

BTW: When checking in filter_begin, I check all recipients before deciding
on wether to tenpfail or not. This is inportant, as the mail could be
delayed for a long time if not all recipients are entered into the
greylist. After checking all recipients, I tempfail unless all of them are
white.

******

 From what I understand this will tempfail all recipients when there is 1
(out of 200) not in white status.  Anyone one has a different approach ?

Xiaoyan