[Mimedefang] Training SA when mail is not stored locally?

Joe Arnstein mimedefang at claireandjoe.com
Wed Feb 4 15:59:46 EST 2004

Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it OK to turn on bayes_auto_learn without first training SA manually?
My thinking is that the server might learn the wrong thing out of the
gate which would be bad since it is difficult to see what is being
tagged. Is that a misguided notion?

If SA learns what is spam/ham based on the spam/nonspam threshold from
messages it's read on its own (no intervention from me), don't we
encounter a chicken and egg problem?

How do you keep the server from learning the wrong thing?

Joe