[Mimedefang] Additional Spamassassin Rules

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Feb 4 13:24:50 EST 2004

David, yes, if you place them in /usr/share/spamassassin, you risk that
they will be blown away during any upgrades..

I had placed mine in /etc/mail/spamassassin, as per a bunch of posts on
various web pages and list archives.  I didn't finda true cookbook (how
to), though..

After placing mine in /etc/mail/spamassassin with appropriate names, I
looked around supidly and felt that there had to be something else to
get it to work.  I was unaware of the "md-mx-ctrl reread"
functionality.  So, I was restarted mimedefang all together.  I didn't
see anything get hit by the new rules, hence my posting.

Since I did the installation of the new rules, I have been running
mimedefang + spamassassin as well as using my local .procmailrc file to
filter through spamc.  I know, this is redundant, but I wanted to see if
one scored differently than the other.

After about a day I had a good solid set of spam messages (about 60)
that weren't bounced but flagged (properly) as spam.  I saw that, over
time, some of the messages were showing the new rules in the
spamassassin report.  I guess some just weren't tickling those rules. :)

Thanks for the quick responses!

-Rich