[Mimedefang] How to set up spamtrap thatMIMEDefang/Spamassassin can use?

Kayne Kruse Kayne at moranprinting.com
Wed Feb 4 12:06:43 EST 2004

> Thanks for the quick response, that seemed to work.
>
> Another question I had was my bayes_path is set to go
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes, so I created a bayes folder thinking this
> is where things would be written.
>
> But instead I see  a bayes_seen & bayes_toks file in the
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang directory.
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Thanks again, this is one of the most friendly lists I belong to :<).

Yeah, it runs as an unpriveledged user and thus needs a directory/file
permissions where it can write to.  Also on another note, if you have not
gotten too far into it, you may be able to move those other bayes_files to
/var/spool/MIMEDefang and chown them to your mimedefang user and you shouldnt
have to relearn all those unless your /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes_* files
have more recent data.  Six one way, half dozen the other.

Kayne